The past two years have seen a quiet transformation in the way consumers talk about death and death-care services, particularly online. Are you prepared to meet the challenge of communicating effectively with the families you hope to serve?
The fastest-growing group of online shoppers is 65 and older. Like their younger counterparts, they comparison shop and read reviews to feel confident in their purchases. Shopping for funeral services is no different.
Jason Widing, vice president of business development for Foundation Partners Group, heads to CANA’s 2023 Cremation Symposium, Feb. 8-10, 2023, to help you formulate a plan. With 18 years of experience in sales and business development, he’ll come prepared with new data to help you understand how digital habits and evolving consumer expectations about online death-care services will impact the way you offer services.
“Our world is busy. Coupled with that, the transient nature of families makes it more and more difficult to maintain significant, long-term brand communication with our customer base,” Widing said. “Consumers today are arriving at firms with information they feel makes them well informed on funeral-related issues.”
During his session, titled “Online Death-care: Evolving Consumer Expectations,” he’ll show how you can leverage your business’s culture to meet these evolving customer expectations and succeed.
Other sessions will include:
- In “The Right Way of Management: Meaning and Purpose for Your People,” Eric Layer will share proven research and strategies from inside and outside the funeral business from his consulting firm McKee Wallwork and 2020 book “The Right Way of Death.”
- Leili McMurrough of Worsham College will help you create a funeral home environment that welcomes and retains “The Young and the Restless” by taking an “employee-centered” perspective.
- Will de Michaelis and Tyler Yamasaki promise a gentle fireside chat about adopting technology solutions to improve workforce and families’ satisfaction during their session: “Efficiency or Die.”
- Jonathan Lewis, president of consulting firm McKee Wallwork + Co., leads a discussion on how to understand the big picture of your company’s health during his “Culture Compass.”
- “Emerging Trends” will spark debate on the changes to the FTC Funeral Rule, split licensure, and new forms of disposition moderated by CANA President and SCI AVP of Government and Industry Relations Caressa Hughes.
- Plus, presenters will host Roundtable Conversations on their areas of expertise!
CANA’s 2023 Cremation Symposium is designed to place networking at the center of the experience and reignite friendships across the profession. Evenings are free to enjoy Las Vegas and the camaraderie you can only get among your peers.
Join CANA for the 2023 Cremation Symposium Feb. 8-10, 2023, at The LINQ Hotel + Experience in Las Vegas. Visit goCANA.org/CANAignite to learn more.